A stunning beach, renting of equipment of a variety of activities, lessons, and all in the beautiful settings of the Cairngorms and Glenmore Forest
Loch Morlich enjoys one of the finest settings of any loch in the country. It is surrounded by forests and fringed by beaches, with the stunning backdrop of the often snow-clad peaks of the northern Cairngorms.
Book with confidence – Loch Morlich Watersports has a 24hr Cancelation policy – see our T’s & C’s.
Visiting Loch Morlich Watersports — Summer 2024
How to hire equipment
- Book online before you come to guarantee availability, alternatively 'turn up and go' and book at the Boathouse
- Arrive in good time—about 10/15 minutes before your slot should be fine;
- Bring your online booking reference. This will be emailed to you after online payment
How to book instruction
- Instruction is available by Booking online.
- Arrive in good time—about 15/20 minutes before your slot should be fine;
- Bring your online booking reference. This will be emailed to you after online payment;
- Wetsuits are included in all lesson prices (excluding MTB)—please allow time to change into your suit prior to the lesson start time.
- For Mountain Bike Tours—wear suitable outdoor clothes and flat soled shoes (Trainers are fine, but no flip flops or Crocs). Please bring a waterproof jacket and your own water bottle.
- Please respect the Social Distancing rules. This means that your instructor can't come too close or 'give you a hand'
- The Boathouse Cafe is now open for both takeaway and sit-in food and drinks.
- Please be patient, especially whilst queueing. Our team are doing their best!
Please keep in mind:
- Make sure you book in advance online where possible to avoid disappointment, as we have restricted numbers.
- You can book on the day; To see the current weather and conditions you can check our webcam
- Remember Social Distancing, and please be patient
- Staff will help where they can, but a degree of self-reliance is required
- Have a great time!
Over a kilometer of natural sand makes up the beach of Loch Morlich, right at the foot of Scotland's Largest Mountain Range
Perfect location and facilities for your day out, with toilets, changing rooms, and the Boathouse Cafe upstairs with great food and views
You couldn't get closer to the activities nearby, with renting of equipment and lessons right on the beach
Perfect for your day out. The Café serves take away and picnic tables are provided on the beach.
In the Heart of the Cairngorm National Park!
Loch Morlich Watersports, Glenmore Forest Park, Aviemore, Inverness-shire, PH22 1QY